[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: reason for the DQ

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: barbara17236@xxxxxxx, arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 07:36:11 -0800 (PST)

            An albino GSD is just like an albino person, pig, or anything
else:            completely white or pink skin color, pink eyes and eye
rims,             very sensitive to light, etc.  I have not seen an albino GSD
in            many, many years, but the ones I have seen were purebred
   registered as "white".
            Carolyn

From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx
To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 19:30:38 -0500

Where did the Albinos go?  How did the whites of today get rid of the albino
gene?  I have never seen an albino white GSD.  I would be more inclined to
think the albino whites were NOT purebred GSDs but mixed with Husky or
something.

Barb H