[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: online ads

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 10:20:03 -0800 (PST)

The ads were on line but not the magazine as a whole.
I have mentioned before that the GSDCA should have many ways to point to the
club website to reach all sorts of GSD owners. Get the domains GSDCAAgility,
GSDCATracking, GSDCAHerding, etc all which point to the activities sections
within the club site where truly active committees have current information,
photos, articles, events lists all designed to make the club relevant to those
GSD owners who need a reason to believe the club is a home for ALL GSD owners.
But this would require that the various committees be redesigned to actively
sell their programs rather than just being there to put on their event at the
national. Most people with GSDs do not travel to the national until they have
been seriously hooked. So we need ACTIVE and informative committees that
promote their activities. The Herding section needs to have articles, lists of
events, locations where training is available, maybe a discussion section.
Ditto for Agility and any other event. But that requires a lot of workers.
The Facebook page should also lead there.

The Review should have a well promoted place and a domain (GSDCAReview) where
people might go look. It should have the entire magazine and not just the ads.
Leave out the minutes if you want, but articles should be there.

Advertize these domains in national magazines/websites so people active in
various venues will be drawn in.
There are plenty of people who feel they have no reason to join. A few join in
hopes of earning a PAM. We need to sell the idea of the club being for all.
We have the most utilitarian breed there is - we just do little to convince
generic GSD owners that we, as a club, have much to offer.
The club site has a ton of potential and Pam works hard to make it all happen.
But I do not feel the club is taking full advantage of it.

Ruth

 From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>