[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: online ads

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx, campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:55:21 -0500 (EST)

Even when I was breeding years ago I don't think the Review was a great
tool for selling puppies.  I advertised more to let others know what I was
doing or had bred than to sell puppies.  Most puppies were sold locally or
through the recommendation of someone.  There was no internet then to
advertise on as there is now.  If no one wants to advertise in the Review,
then
maybe we should just eliminate it and go with the internet.  (Now -  that is
what I call stirring the pot a little!!  LOL)

Tish

In a message dated 1/11/2012 2:42:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
zrockenstein@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Unfortunately, I would have to agree with you.  I placed my  first (and
probably last) two-page color ad in the Review in the Nov-Dec  issue.  My main
objective was just to share the results of my relatively  new breeding
program with fellow GSDCA members.  This, of course was an  easy objective to
meet.  It would have been a lot nicer if the ad had  gone to all gsd judges,
however.  A secondary objective was to  promote my new litter and to see how a
Review ad would stack up against online  litter advertising.  It didn't.  I
received around 5 responses to my  very expensive Review ad.  Most were
from my regional club members  who knew what I was up to anyway.  I received a
couple of nice comments  from Listers.  None of the responses addressed my
puppies.

My online ads paid off well where the litter was concerned.  I  have one on
my regional club site (that one works the best for me every time),  one on
the GSDCA site, and one on the AKC site.  All of these ads more  than paid
for themselves.  Luckily, they will also pay for the Review  ad.  All of the
ads included a link to my kennel website.  The  combination of online ads
and a website link works best for me.  I want  to support the Review with
advertising, but the advertising needs to do its  job.  I am not sure what
needs
to change about Review advertising, but  something needs to change if we
are going to attract enough advertisers to the  Review.

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
_www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com_
(http://www.riverrockgermanshepherds.com/)
Home of Multiple Group Winner  GCH RiverRock's Hotel California  (Callie)
HSAs RN BN
Group Winner Ch. RiverRock's Straight From The Heart HSAsd
and the new kid RiverRock's One Fine Day

From: Joan Fox  <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>