[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: off topic/ info on Siberian Husky

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 18:12:38 -0700 (PDT)

My family bred working Sibs for years and I still have one to remind me how
much I should appreciate my GSD's.  LOL.  They are very naughty dogs...love to
runaway....don't listen....absolutely wll only do what they want to
do.....can't be obediencd trained unless they think it is their idea.....and
are the sweetest, silliest dogs you could ever want to own.  I will always have
at least one.

  Seriously, they do like to run, the one I currently have will be gone in a
new york minute if she gets loose.  She'll come back eventually.....but only on
her terms.  However, I've also owned some that are trainable and actually come
when called.  Their coat is thick and soft and when they shed they just shed
and shed and shed....in chunks...which is a little better than all that hair
all over the place.  They like to dig which besides the running is probably
their worst trait.  They are also excellent hunters (as in kill little animals
in the backyard), very social to other dogs, good with kids and not at all
protective.  They do not usually bark, but will howl and whine.  They are also
very clean dogs.

  I know some big breeders, not in CA, but I can certainly check around for
you.

  Cindy

  Beryl <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  No, I am not looking for one ! I will be a GSD owner all my life !
However a very dear friend and former neighbor wants one. I have checked some
of the breed column in the AKC Gazette etc. since the breeds are kind of
rotated in the month publications (and I don't keep them forever) I didn't find
very much in the issues I have.
They will not show, or breed they want a nice healthy pet. I didn't ask about
the possibility of an older dog, I don't know if the want M or F etc.
Basically I am inquiring for her to give her some basic info.
My AKC book, "The Complete Dog Book" is not the latest edition, in fact the
info is probably incorrect /outdated, since it is a 1964 edition.
They live in N. California, and I assume would want to visit and see the dogs,
not have one shipped sight unseen.

Thanks in advance for any info you may be able to provide.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee GSD
Davis, CA

Cindy