[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Donovan son

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 21:14:13 EDT

In a message dated 10/7/2007 5:52:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The  first dog Evan and Tedi let me co-own, and live with, was from that  =
litter...Gabe and their ROM bitch, Dale.

Wow, talk about memories. Dale was one of two bitches we got as a
replacement to give to Woody for a Paladin daughter that wasn't what we all
expected.
We bought two bitches and called them Chip and Dale. Dale turned out  to be the
better one, so we gave her to Woody.

Tedi loved a dog called Crusader, owned by Karen Taylor, so we bred Dale to
him. From that litter came Champions Dakota, Destiny, and Dragonslyer.  In
1982 Dakots at 16 months went Reserve Winner's Dog at the National. The next
day
 Destiny went Winner's Bitch under Barbara Amidon to finish. The next day
Destiny  went on to number two Select with me on the other end of the lead
trying
not to  fall down.  She also won Best of Winner's but by then I couldn't
breath,  and didn't care.

We bred Dale to Gable, and got another great litter from her.  Paula's  dog
was one of them.  She is what a co-owner should be. And has always been  a good
friend.  One of the reasons we go to the national, to see Paula who  lives in
Southern California, but we still don't see often enough.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come   together