[ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: "Nancy Harper Mulvaney " <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Showgsd-l GSDList'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 16:37:47 -0400

Sorry,  but I just have to say - this  ballot  leaves me absolutely
breathless!!     Sherry has a point and so does the lister, who suggested
blues, livers and other less then desirable colors should be on the DQ list.
"strong rich colors are preferred"

Isn't that the message in the Standard?  What is the sense of putting more
serious faults in the breed ring?    Can you visualize a bi or solid black
with other than a black nose?  Even pale and washedout dogs look better with
a BLACK NOSE!!   Sally is right,

Not only is the  barn door closed BUT  the horse cannot be caught,  that is,
unless all the ballots are put in the dumpster and we start all over.
Good Grief!! Charlie Brown has nothing on us.!!

Somehow,  some of us were under the impression  the Standard was/is the
core, the root system, the epitome, and the REASON we have an  organization
entitled  THE GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG CLUB OF  AMERICA.   Without OUR  Standard
we have

nothing.   How can the subject matter, (the Standard), which is,  in and of
itself,  so vital, so important, so all encompassing,  be limited in
discussion?

-

Maybe it was missed:  Where is the text presented for discussion, input,
questions, suggestions ?  This is  OUR STANDARD !!!!  The ballot for a
Standard change is  vitally  important!!!

There are many, long time, successful, knowledgeable exhibitors/breeders
"out there" we SHOULD SEEK  INPUT from all of them.   What in the world
happened to OPEN DISCUSSION?

   From 8 years of personal experience it can be verified;  THE BOARD WORKS
HARD, SERVING IS  FREQUENTLY THANKLESS, EXPENSIVE, AND TIME CONSUMING.  We
are appreciative of those who serve.   Please let  ALL OF US work &
contribute for the

betterment of the whole , by including  & respecting those who are not in
our "circle" of intimate friends, confidants, or yes people.   Otherwise we
cut off our own nose to spite our faces.

Nancy Harper-Mulvaney

http://showgsd.org/mail.html