[ SHOWGSD-L ]

  • From: tlsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 15:04:21 -0400 (EDT)

I just have to brag about this!! The Steel Valley Cluster dog shows have ended
for another year, mostly sunny but VERY hot. In spite of the stifling heat and
humidity - our little 10 1/2 year old spitfire CH Cresthaven's Deja-Vu - known
to all her friends and family as Heidi, or witch or brat, depending LOL - put
on a spectacular show!!! Shown at 4 of the 5 shows, she gaited her little old
heart out to garner FOUR major select awards!!!! On Friday night, in spite of
having been shown in not only the am show, but also being in the Veteran's
class as well as breed - she held her own in the brutal heat against animals
5,6,7 years younger than her in a Loooong BOB class, and had to be gaited a bit
more before pictures LOL! Many thanks to judges Jon White, Peggy Kurz, Doug
Crane and Charles Sedgewick for pointing the finger at the old lady. Thank you
also to ringside for your support and kind words - they mean everything. And
finally to Heidi's "family" - Leslie Dancosse, Jeanne Hamilton and Madelyn
Llewellyn and Linda Selmon - THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for always
supporting her, loving her, believing in her and allowing her to shine for all
these years. Words cannot express how much this weekend meant to me - Heidi
will have to speak for herself LOL! I am pretty sure she had a great time, as
she always does! Thank you to other members of Heidi's extended family over the
years - Donna Calabrese for loving her and sharing grooming tips when needed,
and Olivia for stepping in when needed to show her off beautifully!
Also have to throw in a small brag for our newest addition - Derry's Damien v
Cresthaven for winning the 6-9 month puppy male class the first time EVER in
the ring and untrained! - thank you to Mike and Debbie for discovering this
little gem and allowing him to come to us!!

Congrats to all the weekends' winners - especially dear friends Jeanne and
Madelyn! I won't steal their thunder!