[ SHOWGSD-L ] (no subject)

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lfossland@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:20:22 EDT

The following is a post that Nancy had originally put out and  Carolyn
Mckenna added to it with some useful info.

Molly

In a message dated 8/12/2004 10:33:44 PM Central Standard Time,
k_ennadale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:kennadale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   writes:

Here is the list of cargo door sizes that Nancy so kindly  listed.   I
have found two places that have crates 30 in.  high.  One is PetEdge
1-800-738-3343.  I am sure that I  got a 30" high crate at PetSmart last year,
but
the closest I can now  find is 28".  Our Pet Porter kennels are 27' on the 400,

31'  on the 500.  (width is no problem, only height).   You  can see that our
500 crates will not fit into
some of the cargo  doors; however, the 30" crates will.  The only aircraft
listed  that
will not accommodate the 30" crate are the DC9S, DC9 50, (don't  know about
that DC9 80 "cause it's in cm's and I don't do those  things.)  Bottom line is
that any dog
that can be shipped in a  500 (31' high) can be shipped in a crate 30" high.
 That
eliminates only two of the listed aircraft. Hope this helps some  with flight
problems.

Aircraft           Height      width
320                 44"        62"
727                   42"          45"
735                   34"          45"
737(73S)                 34"               45"
757        44"                 56"
767          66"                   47"
DC9S          29"                     30    ( will
accommodate only PetSmart  Bargain Hound
DC9(MD80)             31"             35 &52
or Pet  Por400)
DC9 31                 30"           52"   ?????
DC9 50             29"        35"   (only
PetSmart bargain Hound or Pet  Porter 400)
DC9 80               73.6cm       132cm    There's that
cm stuff
DC10            66"/48"                   70"/42"
MD11             64"      74"

Thus you can see that all  except the three I made notations about will
accommodate
a 500 pet  Porter  (31")   or a Petmate Vari Kennel (31")
Best Regards,    Carolyn
-----

Carolyn  McKenna
361-293-5389