[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: news from board meeting

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: hardcastle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:39:12 EDT

This is the best summary of a board meeting I've seen in a LONG time.   Good
job Gail.

Too bad Carolyn McKenna doesn't get to judge juniors, she is a walking
encyclopedia and the kids would've learned a lot.  And the club  would've saved
money, as she is local. Hopefully she hasn't canceled other  assignments for
this
one. Bummer.

So.............. who is going to judge Juniors?

I cant believe the time has come for the club to find a replacement for
Nanci Nellis.  Nope, I don't want  her job, thank you very much, but  as usual,
let me know if I can help with anything.   Good luck to all  the members
finding
someone as classy as Nanci, Debbie, and Kathaleen. These are  certainly big
shoes to fill.

With the present economy every time is a good time for a reminder that ALL
MEMBERS can contribute to the trophy fund.  Maybe not everyone can donate a
trophy, but if everyone donated $5 to the trophy fund, the club would be in
great shape.  Some people donate $2000 some times, but times are  changing.
Besides, it shouldn't fall on one person only to run with this  expense. Next
thing you know, they think they own the club.......joking here,  lets not get
all
wound up....LOL

Was the mention of an associate editor more of a professional  courtesy?  I
thought that was a very positive gesture on Susan's part, but  no good deed
goes unpunished........cant imagine anyone would complain about  professional
courtesy.......but I've been wrong  before.......<G>   By the way, I loved the
recent Review with a  Black GSD running in the meadow........no titles, just a
good dog.  Very  nice....good job Susan.  You have inspired me to place and ad.

Besides Nanci's. what other positions are going to be open this year?   Dare
we mention the dreaded "E" word.....Elections.....

Love the idea of the Dog/USA advertising, definitely a step in the  right
direction.  And chocolate for getting your reports out on  time???  Gail, you
are
brilliant!!!

I am looking forward to the Olympics.

Ileana