[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new AKC rules........ha ha ha ha ha

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:37:24 -0400

   Keep in mind that other than the drugs thing, none of this is new.
Alterations of any kind have been verboten for some years now, and it's
always beem up to the judge to decide...and act upon.  And while we all know
that a lot of dogs are dyed (including some top winners) and quite a few
drugged (some are on uppers, others on downers...again, including some of
the top winners in the country), and everyone knows about Poodles and their
hairpieces and hairspray, etc., none of which are allowed, those things have
been overlooked.
   Now, please note that no one has said who's going to decide that a dog's
been drugged or medicated...so it looks like this job has been dumped on the
judges, too... what I want to know is "what does the judge write in the
book" about this?  If I decide your dog has been drugged, and I throw the
dog out for that and put that down in my judge's book, can you sue me?  I
ask because nowhere does it mention proof being necessary.........as I
said...only partially thought out, as usual.
     Peggy