[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: new AKC rules........ha ha ha ha ha

  • From: Sarah Bishop <bliz1998@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 08:42:58 -0400

<<Lol. Put me in the purist column; I don't want breeding stock (that is what
the breed ring is for, no???), on thyroid meds, allergy meds, joint meds, pain
pills, anti anxiety meds...[snip]Coming from the horse world, in fact, I was
surprised that there wasn't drug testing at dog shows, especially when I saw
some pretty obvious examples.  Who will pay for it? Who knows. Who cares? Raise
entry fees another buck.>>

When I was a horse show groom for my old trainer I also helped fill out entry
forms.  There was a line at the bottom something like $10 or so for drug
testing fee.  They didn't test everyone or the same ones all the time but you
knew it was possible.  When you read the rule books there was a big list of
things you weren't allowed to use or were only allowed to use in minute doses.

Sarah
Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends.
http://www.windowslive.com/skydrive/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_skydrive_052008