[ SHOWGSD-L ] membership/breeders of white dogs BEWARE!

  • From: Hickoryhill <hickoryhillgsd1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 22:42:27 +0000 (UTC)

There is a saying that "perception is everything."I think the problem is not
with the reduced membership fee per se as stated that was established before,
but it is with the PERCEPTION that folks with the "color that shall not be
mentioned" are trying to manipulate the vote for their own gain. I think if the
"other color" was encouraging their members to join the GSDCA and there was not
an upcoming vote, it would be a  completely different perception. There is in
my opinion no nastiness for questioning their motives, you would have to be
completely stupid not to see that they are tying to create a block of votes.

Now, here is something else to consider; the timing of the Review article. The
article was written by a judge who happens to be judging the Canadian national
within a month or so. Sly man. He knows that there will be fewer rebuttals
because exhibitors and handlers do not want to jeopardize a potential win. The
re-introduction of the "white" dog is at least the 3rd time in the past 35-40
years where one person has tried to dictate to the fancy how they should be
breeding. Each time this has happened the breed has suffered. In the early 70's
it was decided that the over-angulated dog was what the breed needed, like
lemmings the fancy followed. This clearly hurt the breeds reputation as the
breed went from looking like a strong sturdy working dog to a style of dog that
looked like a ridiculous jack rabbit. Then around 2002-2008 it was decided that
"less angles are better, all dogs should be black and red, and temperament
doesn't seem to matter much", so yet another "new style" of dog was thrust upon
the GSD fancy, again like lemmings, many(or most) of the fancy followed, I
believe because their desire to win was greater than their desire to protect
the breed. Many stud dogs that should have been being used by breeders sat idle
with very few if any breedings and good bloodlines were lost forever. In fact
So many followed that today it has become increasingly difficult to find a dog
to breed to that does not share the same bloodline.   So here it is in 2013 and
now the very same person who decided that we needed over angulation in the
70's, then in the early to mid 2000's decided for us that less angles, less
sidegait was desirable, that questionable temperament was ok, that all dogs had
to be black and red( isn't that ironic..all these years of orange red dogs and
now we need whites! LOL!) as well as being instrumental in turning the GSD gene
pool into a kiddie pool is now offering up to the fancy yet another direction
that the breed needs to take; to incorporate the white dog, to fix the damage
that was done.
 In closing, my advise to white GSD breeders is RUN, away from this..do not
vote to have you dogs part of this. You will ultimately become what the GSD has
become. The GSd has been bastardized and manipulated for profit  for 40 years
and I blame the fancy for letting it happen!   You don't have this type of
manipulation within your color of the GSD. You as breeders should protect your
breed and the integrity of you sport. Don't let yourselves be sucked into
bailing the GSDCA out with a Pollyanna notion of "belonging" embrace your
independence and be proud of it!!!!  Christine Grainger