[ SHOWGSD-L ] many things

  • From: <nhansburgh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 16:31:39 -0500

1. I was very saddened to learn of the passing of Sarah Trotter. She finished
my first champion and she taught me what the responsibllities of a professional
handler were. She mailed me all the ribbons and the tear sheets from the
catalogues of all the shows. How many handlers bother to do that. She handled
many breeds and was a real dog person. we keep losing them. If anyone is doing
a memorial page for her please let me know.

2. WAtched Westminster and thought the final lineup was terrific. It was the
color of a german shepherd dog. Was overjoyed to see STUMP go all the way. The
last time I saw this happen with a ten year old was at the Sheltie NAtional in
Sacremento in the nineties. I watched him at several shows in 2004 and saw him
take many groups that year. The last one was in Tucson Arizona when Jenny went
to BIS. The quality in the groups that year was fabulous. I am determined to
finish an older dog. I am tired of seeing young dogs win big and drop dead.

3.Dual Ch. Tiara went to the beauty parlor today at ten and a half. She loved
every minute of it. I used the time to shop and get the car cleaned up after
the Deep Freeze.

4. Am working on a new Web site.Am revamping the old one with lots of new
things Joan Tuthill is the agent and Tech advisor and I think its going to turn
out really well.