[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: hotel problem

  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:26:56 EST

Molly

I think the hotels were less than accommodating for one reason, they were
FULL.  Demand and supply.

The staff at the Knights Inn was trying, but their hands were tied. They
were understaffed, and with every room full, there was only so much they could
do.  It is not their fault that their company isn't up to par, they just  work
there.  And yes, the place was GREAT for the dogs.  Not so for  the people.

My husband had a very lively conversation with their corporate office  today,
mainly due to the gas leak in the AC unit.  As soon as we checked  out, they
checked someone else in the same room. Complete carelessness.

The other hotel was cleaner, but the service was as bad. They just didn't
care. Their attitude was "leave, we can fill that room in one hour".

None of that can be blamed on the PC, or the local club. The cheer amount  of
workers in the area created this problem. Dog show people were not a concern,
 they have a city to rebuild.

Of course, when you spend a year and lots of money to get there, we like to
think we are a little more important than that.

Ask Kay, she got injured at the Elegante. They never even asked her how she
felt....they didn't care.

Not your fault. But something to consider when looking at a show site in  the
future.

JMO.

Ileana

In a message dated 11/11/2008 8:54:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
For  those of you that stayed at the Knights and were very  unhappy, I do
want
to explain something.  Myself and Rebecca Woodland  from the CVB  went there
in March I believe, talked to the manager and  personally  inspected 6 rooms.

Everything we saw was up to par.
Apparently after the hurricane they lost a considerable  amount of  their
staff along with a head housekeeper. Still no  excuse.
There  were complaints as early as Tuesday evening and the  manager of the
hotel called me at 1130 at night to assure me she would do   everything she
could
to try to make people happy.  I know one  person  who booked in had a
microwave
which did not work.  The  manager sent  help out that night to buy a new one
and put in the  room.
She tried to accommodate as best as she could.
I guess between the  spring and the show things took a crash  dive.
For those of you who  were unhappy, I just wanted to assure  you that the
hotel was on the  list because it did look great on initial  inspections.
And
everyone did say it was the best grounds area for  the dogs.   Sorry for
recommending something that was less than  satisfactory.
Molly

Ileana
Holiday needs. Search Now.
-aol-search/?ncid=emlcntussear00000001)