[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Fw: Article in Review

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kathy.m.hall@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:31:44 -0800 (PST)

Regardless of who judges and who wins and what the procedure, these same
discussions would happen. If they raced around the ring, those of us who hate
racing would complain, if they walked, the racers would complain, and so forth.
Remember when Helen Frankiln did it too fast and people did not think dogs had
enough ring time? Or when Ed gave 1/3 of the entry a Select rating?  It makes
no difference as someone would be unhappy and most of the people at home would
definitely have opinions. Heck -- I thought some of hte best gaiting ever was
when Quik and Tacoma were in the Parade of Greats in Burbank. That was smooth
and effortless.

As you said, at least this year Helen made sure everyone knew how it would
happen. But people complain again.
It never changes.

I personally think you take them all out to a field and have them patrol the
grazes - but that's just me. I think sheep make the best double handlers and
the dogs are definitely having a good time. An I would too unless it is raining
as I get tired of wet sheep - so another reason to complain.

Ruth