[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: horsemeat

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 21:50:28 GMT

I remember when I was a little kid out in Portland we fed our dogs horsemeat -
I think Mom bought it in the freezer section of Piggly Wiggly and Safeway.
Also, if I recall, canned dog food such as Ken-L-Ration contained mule meat.
Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- Doris E <irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Back in the 1950s when I had my petshop, horsemeat was a popular
commodity.  I would have a delivery of about 60 pounds of raw meat a
day, and people would buy it by the pound, or have me grind it for
them.  I don't know when this all changed, but I think one would be hard
pressed to find horsemeat for sale in a pet shop in this day and age.
Oh, yes, the meat I bought was USDA inspected, and the finicky customers
could order filet strips for their pets. Doris E