[ SHOWGSD-L ] hanky panky in the dog show world

  • From: "shephaven" <shephaven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 09:25:40 -0300

How's it going, eh
Greetings from the Funny Farm
This sh..t seems to be going on everywhere, and not just in the German
Shepherd world. There is a real mess starting to break up here in the All
Breed circle.
A couple of weeks ago, I got dragged into it. I really don't know how since
none of it even happened in my Province but I was accused of saying
something to somebody about the whole mess. I still don't know to whom or
what I was supposed to have said, butI guess it is easier for some people to
say "Ewart said it" rather than stand up and be counted.(gutless) Most
people know that I am not shy about expressing my opinion.
I had nothing to do with it but what the Hell, I'm a big boy.
Here is how it worked.
Judge "A" gets an assignment in Province 1. Judge "B" enters that show and
Judge "A" gives him Best In Show.The next show Judge "C" also gives Judge
"B" Best In Show.
A short while later, judge "B" is judging in Province #2
Judge "A" enters and sends his dog with handler #1.
Guess who goes Best In Show? Right. Judge "A"
A little while later, Judge "A" is judging in Province #3.
Handler # 1 shows up with a string of dogs (remember, he just showed Judge
"A's" dog to Best In Show not that long ago) He didn't show many of his dogs
that day, but what he did do was get Judge "B's" Daughter and Grandson to
show his dogs.I guess he thought Judge "A" wouldn't reconize them.
In the mean time Mrs Judge "A" shows up and spends some time in Handler #1's
trailer.Handler #1 finally gets stuck (I guess) and goes into the ring
himself under Judge "A". You remember Handler #1, he showed Judge "A"'s dog
to BIS. Handler #1 is in the ring under Judge "A" while Mrs Judge "A"sits in
Handler #1's trailer.Are you confused yet? I bet they were hoping that
everyone was. Lynne and I were sitting in our Van under the trees watching
this whole procedure and wondering if anyone else was noticing what was
shaking out. I guess they were as that has been all the talk for the past
year or so. Oh, by the way, guess who went BIS? Damn, you guys are smart, It
was Judge "B" again. Oh, did I forget to mention that Judge "C" is president
of that club?
I understand that the is probable a Judge "D" involved in this mess but I
havn't had that confirmed yet.
I'm not sure if these folks thought that the rest of us are stupid or just
so arrogant that they thought nobody would dare say anything. After all,
they are JUDGES.
These guys have all been good friends for many years
and are very quick to tell you just how important they are.
I don't know how this whole thing is going to shake out as I understand that
CKC is just getting into it. But if they follow the paper trail, and are
serious about it, heads are going to roll.
Anyway, I guess that I got blamed for spilling the beans on them but I
didn't. Not that I wouldn't, but I didn't.
Sorry this was so long, but I felt it was a story worth telling.
It seems this sort of thing is going on everywhere and if the Dog Show world
is to survive, somebody has to put a stop to it.
Thanks for your patience.
Wayne
Wayne Ewart
Lynne Gibson