[ SHOWGSD-L ] hanky panky in the dog show world

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "shephaven" <shephaven@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 06:58:19 -0700

> I am talking about Best In Show everytime out.
> And what makes the situation worse are the people that keep making
> excuses for it. It is inexcusable and has to stop. It is ruining our
> sport.
> Please re-read my e-mail and I am sure you will get the connections.
> Wayne

Thanks for clarifying Wayne...
Occasionally I hear complaints about the interplay of our social
structures in dog shows, and no rules are broken, just assumptions of
evil in the eye of the beholder. That is the other side of the dilemma
of fairness in our sport. In any culture, we can stop all evil. Yes, I
believe that we can. It happens by erecting a barrier of law and rule
to prohibit any possible problem and then employing enough enforcement
personnel to see that they are enforced. But in a free society we
choose to not have that degree of confinement and scrutiny, which tips
the pendulum in the other direction, giving room for the evils of
human creativeness.

I personally like rules and if they exist, they should be fairly
enforced, but I like them to be on the parameter of a large lot,
giving room for freedom inside.
That is the chief criticism of our enemies with America, we have lots
of crime and debauchery in our streets.... But I think I will stay to
enjoy the residual effect that comes with it - Freedom!

Sorry for the conservative preach!
Dave