[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [gsdshowlist] setting up dogs

  • From: DKARLOFF@xxxxxxx
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 23:41:58 EDT

I find this "giraffe topline" to be most damaging when it is shown in a
National magazine where the general public gets a distorted vision of our
breed.  The words "crippled and unable to function" easily comes to their  mind
when they view a dog with a topline that looks like a ski-slope and  the
hocks are completely laying on the ground.  It pains me to see someone  pay
significant amount of monies to show this "caricature" and the feeling is
doubled when the culprit is a "handler" who should know better.
Dania

In a message dated 5/15/2009 3:09:14 P.M. Eastern  Daylight Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:nancy%40heinerburgshepherds.com>
writes:

First question: (I hope this doesn't start a riot). But, I  can't keep this
to myself
any longer, and I really would  appreciate it if someone, anyone, would
PLEASE explain why, oh why,  some handlers and non-pros also persist and
insist
on  setting up Shepherds with the back leg facing the judge stretched
soooooo
far back that the dog can hardly keep it's balance?

Second question: Why do they ALSO put the outside back let so far  up
under the dog that the entire hock is placed flat on the ground?

Third question: Is not the hock suppose to be parallel to the  ground?

**************Recession-proof vacation ideas. Find free  things to do in
the U.S.
(http://travel.aol.com/travel-ideas/domestic/national-tourism-week?ncid=emlc
ntustrav00000002<http://travel.aol.com/travel-ideas/domestic/national-touris
m-week?ncid=emlcntustrav00000002>)

[Non-text portions of this message have been  removed]

------------------------------------

*****  Visit our website at:  http://www.gsdshowlist.org   *****

Go to the chat room: http://www.gsdshowlist.org/chat1

**  Contact list administrators at: Administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx **

The  Gsdshowlist is a private forum and all email posted to this list
should be  treated as private email.  Do not forward list posts or quotes from
list  post, to any person who is not a list member, without the author's
permission.

The gsdshowlist is not a moderated list. Comments posted to  the
gsdshowlist are that of the author of the emails, and do not represent the
opinions
or beliefs of the gsdshowlist, its owners, or its  members.

<*>Send all posts regarding GSD RESCUE to  Rescue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To temporarily stop list mail send a  blank email to:
gsdshowlist-nomail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To restart list mail send a  blank email to:
gsdshowlist-normal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>To restart in digest, or to  change to digest mode send to:
gsdshowlist-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*>How to change your list email  address if you have a Yahoo ID:
http://www.gsdshowlist.org/emailaddychange.html

Having trouble doing mail  settings?  We can do the settings for you.
Feel free to contact a list  administrator for help.
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your  group on the web, go to:

<*> Your email  settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To  change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID  required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:gsdshowlist-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:gsdshowlist-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe  from this group, send an email to:

<*> Your use of Yahoo!  Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222377005x1201454319/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May
Excfooter51609NO62)