[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: [gsdshowlist] setting up dogs

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx>, <gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 22:33:30 -0400

Thank you Fred!!!!!!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; gsdshowlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ;
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 5:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [gsdshowlist] setting up dogs

  The answer to question 1 and 2 are the same for some reason they think the
more extreme the topline the better. I have given up as a judge telling people
not to do it that way and I now try to visualize how they would looked if done
correctly. I went so far as to tell the handlers at the National in 99 that the
male dog had sent me a petition asking me to ask the handlers not to do that as
it hurt their testicles when they were stretched that much. To no avail.
  Question #3 naturally needs no answer we all know it should be perpendicular
to the ground.
  Fred

  In a message dated 5/15/2009 3:09:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

    First question: (I hope this doesn't start a riot). But, I can't keep this
to myself
    any longer, and I really would appreciate it if someone, anyone, would
    PLEASE explain why, oh why, some handlers and non-pros also persist and
insist
    on setting up Shepherds with the back leg facing the judge stretched
soooooo
    far back that the dog can hardly keep it's balance?

    Second question: Why do they ALSO put the outside back let so far up
    under the dog that the entire hock is placed flat on the ground?

    Third question: Is not the hock suppose to be parallel to the ground?

17:05:00