[ SHOWGSD-L ] funny...sort of

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:58:41 EDT

It must be spring..... got a phone call yesterday from someone wanting to
breed their dog (Czechoslovakian border dog).   I waited until I was  in the
right frame of mind to return the call, thinking they had a bitch and I  would
find the right, polite words to tell them "no".

Wrong.

They have a five year old male they want to "stud out".  Not one of  them
pretty show dogs either (their words), but a "working dog".   (Geeezzze, way to
insult the person you're calling for info, huh?)

Their first description was 65 lbs., next came "large ears", followed by
"long tongue".

Now, about this time I'm thinking this is a prank that some friends have  put
together, so I let the husband ramble on and realized it wasn't a prank, he
was quite serious. When he ran out of things to say, I started on responsible
breeding practices, health certs, breed worthiness, responsibilities that
face  a stud dog owner, etc., etc.  I then mentioned that the way it  works in
dogs, the girl dog owner approaches the boy dog owner and asks him to  the
dance (so to speak, lol), and not the other way around.  I guess by  this time,
it
was apparent that none of my gals were issuing invitations  <G>!

He said I'd given him a lot to think about and thanked me for my  time.  When
I got off the phone, I went and looked at the boys' ears.   They look
proportional, not overly large. No idea about how long their tongues  are.
What a
wild way to describe a dog!  Just when you thought you'd  heard everything!!!!

Kathy
visit _Pine Hill German Shepherd  Dogs_