[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: from Helen Franklin

  • From: "Rockenstein, Zoa L. " <zlrockenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <helen@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 11:49:44 -0500

Helen,

I share your dream!  Thanks for reintroducing it.  I think breeders can play an
important role here, too.  In breeding my first litter, I strove for depth in
OFA, TC, and training degrees in addition to the other things I was looking for
in my foundation stock.  It was real interesting, having been involved in
different aspects of gsds for my entire life (pet, obedience, handling in
conformation, showing, and now breeding) to come to a decision about my bottom
lines.  What did I ideally hope to produce in my puppies?  I decided on
"soundness, performance, beauty, and style" in that order.  I will be looking
for those training degrees in pedigrees, in addition to the important
conformation stuff, when shelling out a stud fee.  Even though I am just one
player, we know that a small, critical mass of people can make changes, and
dreams, reality.

Zoa Rockenstein