[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: enhancing color

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:40:32 -0500

Nevertheless, I remind you that the AKC rules do not require proof.  If
a judge suspects that a dog has been artificially "enhanced" he or she
has the power (and is actually required) to excuse the dog, and could,
depending on interpretation of the rules, DQ it.
    What Kris said is true...many won't do it, and will just put the dog
at the end of the line.  However, there are judges who think nothing of
throwing a dog out for being coloured.and whether the dog actually is
doesn't matter a bit.  The people involved have no recourse except if
they wish to contest it, and they'd have to prove it on the spot...even
then, the judge's rule would stand.
Peggy