[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: TESTICLES

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arelee@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:45:54 -0500

There are dogs who can pull them up...almost at will.  And everyone
knows that some male puppies' go up and down for a while before settling
down where they should be.
    I judged a Best in Show winning Collie one time and one of his
testicles was just mush...(the rule is two normal testicles).  So I
excused him.  The handler was furious but did nothing.
    When I came home I called my Collie "mentor" and told her...she
thought it was very strange that he was winning all these prizes.  A
couple of months later she was judging at Old Dominion Kennel Club here
in No.Va. and the dog was entered....as a "breed mother," she had a huge
entry.
    I was watching from ringside....when she examined this particular
dog, she stood up, turned to me, and with a look of shock on her face,
announced (and EVERYBODY heard her) "You're absolutely right, his
testicles are just a bunch of oatmeal!"  The dog, who happened to belong
to great long time friends of hers, was DQ'd and never shown again.
    That judge was the late Bobbie Roos, for those of you who may have
known her...I know Helen MF did.  Helen probably knew the dog, too...
Peggy