[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: enhancing color

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 19:19:42 -0500

    The same handler that showed that Collie with the problem testicles
would stand in the ring with his back to the judge and apply
"expression" to some of his dogs.
    I rarely notice color in most of the breeds I judge, unless it is
part of the Standard (e.g., Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers, Kerry Blue
Terriers) and have found over the years that most of the dogs who are
colored up to deceive or enhance are often so lacking in other aspects
that the color doesn't help them at all...............
Peggy