[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: color of puppies

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx>, <NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:44:01 -0600

Hi - now hearing from the OTHER Norma --
We will never be normal   - the L is missing -
but who does --  we are definitely different
   not that there's anything wrong with that
My first bitch (GSD ever) was a sable.
I still love the sable. The stripe is there and
goes from shoulder to tail, not around the body.
It is thick and certainly all of the above will change.
I had a book years ago - somebody borrowed it and --
The sable is original and  called agouti and as we
does remind one of a wolf coloring.  I may have sent
my color post a few weeks ago just to
a few, but here is some knowledge I'll share as I
see it --- FYI       I have never had liver or blue.
I would probably faint dead away -- same with white!
AKC and or PC - which ever - allowing these 3
disqualifying things to be an Ok deal by having
them registered in recent years puzzled me.
I was told it was to check on bloodline combos to
eliminate same - or what ever.  I've shared the white
boxer not registerable deal with folks. Then in a more
thoughtful way - did you ever see a spotted Irish Setter,
or a red English Setter ---  Yikes 2 different breeds but
very little difference -- except coat and a more stocky
build for the English as the seemingly sleek one of the Irish.
The reason for this - is, like I said with the Black & Red
Angus Cattle - Only in America -- Love ya'll            nr