[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: color of puppies

  • From: NHANSBURG@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Susan Madlung <stormygsd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:01:17 -0500

i sent this privately but now i am posting to the list because i am tired of
people who come on strong and do not read carefully.

it is not possible to get a black and tan puppy and a solid black puppy from a
solid black and a sable. ceci claimed she had this.

those of us who have bred and shown sables whether red or black sables kid
around a lot about that strange color sable.the whalens for instance are in on
that joke.it is possible to mistake sable puppies for off colors when they are
first born

i know all about blues and livers and have since 1970. anyone who has had a
stud dog knows about it. the site that sally hayden recommended on the subject
is excellent.