[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: changing food

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sally@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 08:25:25 -0400

Have any of you thought about switching over to raw or doing half and half
to cut down on kibble costs? I made the jump a while back to raw but any
pups going to other homes are fed Innova since the majority of homes are
kibble fed. I was very unsure how it could be cheaper to feed raw but it
really is. I get 140 plus pounds of buther scraps for $21.00 this includes
beef, pork, and the occasional lamb. It consists of trimmings, heart,
kidneys, liver, tounge, not stuff thats been drug across the floor. You know
butchers have to pay to get rid of the stuff that their customers don't
want. I also order from Oma's pride and get their specials, I have gotten
duck carcass, chicken backs, pork necks, the list goes on. I only shop the
specials to save money but I load up when they are on sale. I also get jack
mackeral from the grocery store(canned) for 99cents a can as a weekly thing
for everyone. I do not feed veggies(there is a raw list consisting of 9,000
people who don't either) or any supplements and the dogs look and act
fantastic. I have recently had a litter here that was raw fed and they were
the nicest pups I have ever had. Its really not hard to feed raw and its
sooo much cheaper. Just food for thought not trying to start a food war or
anything. I completely understand both sides but just thought I would let
everyone know it really is not expensive to do and I could not be more
pleased with the results.
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html