[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: changing food

  • From: Wasatchgld@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 10:43:23 EDT

Ileana is right - I've also been buying the Eukanuba from Petco.
I always have to ask for the 200 lb discount and the clerk's usually
have to call a manager over to tell them how to put it in.  They  will
also match PetSmart's prices, but you have to tell them what they
are and they call to verify, so I don't always do that.  It might  be
worth asking if they'd match the Tractor Supply price, too.

Does PetSmart also do the 200 lb discount?  I've never heard of  that?

Right now I'm planning to use Exceed half and half with the
Eukanuba, so I'm still buying some - just not as much!  With
nine GSD's to feed, I can't afford to keep feeding a food that
costs so much now.

Janice

In a message dated 6/13/2007 6:01:43 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,  InquestGSD
writes:

In a message dated 6/13/2007 7:57:25 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
sally@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Interesting - I have never gotten 10% off for 200 lbs - Last time  Petco had
proplan on sale I bought 10 bags- Petco is the highest price in  town on all
dogs foods- Tractor supply and Farm and fleet usually beat them  by almost $5 a
bag

Sally

Sally and Gang

Let me suggest that if you want to use either Petco or PetsMart, you may
want to contact the local General Manager and let them know you want to take
advantage of the 10% for 200 + lbs. Then make sure they explain to you and
another staff member how the program works, in case they are  not there  when
you
come back.  The cashiers are 99% of the time not even aware that  such discount
exist.  Trust me, those GM want to have and keep your  business.

Ileana

Janice  Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds
_http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/_ (http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/)

"If  our dogs were smarter, they could tell us what they were
thinking. If we  were smarter, they wouldn't need to."