[ SHOWGSD-L ] airlines.....prices........helping

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 12:29:55 -0400

understand why other people have to pay such high prices.  As someone who for
years flew out of one of 2 major airports (used by politicians, so fares were
pretty good), I can say that wherever I was going, it was always more expensive
to fly out of National (now Reagan) or Dulles than it was to fly out of
Baltimore...and I could never understand why.
   Some time ago, I moved to Richmond, Virginia...and now I fly out of
Richmond.  It costs more than flying out of Dulles, for example, and going to
the west coast or almost anyplace else, a change of planes is required...that
was a rarity when I used Dulles or National.  Even flying out of Newport News
is cheaper than using Richmond (they do a lot of unofficial military flying in
and out of Newport News)... but guess what.  I could probably drive to Dulles
or National........but I'd have to charge for the mileage then..and it costs
more to park at those airports than it does at Richmond (so far)...not to
mention the times involved, as I'm more than an hour from those airports IF I'm
the only one on the road, which ain't gonna happen..so I'd have to allow more
than 2 hours each way........
   I made reservations the other day and after fiddling around, got a fare that
was half the originally stated one... but my travel agent told me that after
Memorial Day, fares are going to increase in a big way..(more than they usually
do for the summer) -- air travel isn't fun anymore, anyway...maybe I'll just
stay home forever.

Peggy