[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: about those microchips...

  • From: Sheila Lieberman <sheilaofmiami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 07:19:03 -0700 (PDT)

My Dexter and Liddy are chipped and registered to my vet in Maryland. He knows
my cell number.  If anything happnes he will call me or my mom.  My pups are
registered to my vet in Miami.  I have not changed that yet.  And just as well
since I got back the one pup I sold and the guy never sent in anything at all.
He did not register her with AKC either, yea!  She is soooo mine now.

  One of my Terminex techs told me a sad sad tale.  He had a lab pups he loved.
 One day his Mom opened the door and the dog was gone.  He was crying for
months.  Then one visit he told me he had gotten a call from Animal Control.
The dog had been reported loose in a nearby area, and when AC scanned they had
a different address from the one the neighbors said the dog was at.  The people
at the supposed address had nothing to say and the dog was returned to the
rightful owner.  He was so happy he was still crying, but for joy.

  My dogs are chipped with the one that goes to AKC.
  sheila
PATRICIA WALKER <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx> wrote:
  ! I've bought directly AND I've had dogs done by the vet but w/
the ones done by the vet, rather than have the registration of that
particular chip stay with the vet that purchased the chip, I send in the

The above is an excellent idea which many of us probably didn't think of. I had
Rags micro-chipped by the vet and it wasn't until after we moved to VA that I
realized she was registered to the vet's office and they did not have our new
address. I had to pay to get her re-registered.

Tish

Sheila of GSDC of Greater Miami
Member GSDCA Mernydex GSD's
Loving Obedience Dog Training