[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a very, very sad day in Ontario...

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD0110@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:11:28 -0400

    Staffords are one of my favorite breeds.  There is one little red
dog in this area who is a particular favorite of mine (I just gave him a
group last week, and I'd given his dam a group some time ago)....he
knows I love him.
    Last year he caused quite a commotion at the Virginia Kennel Club
shows when he saw me.  I was watching Cavalier judging  when I was
suddenly attacked by a ton of bricks...my chair and I went backwards  to
the floor and there was something slobbering all over my face.  People
were screaming and hustling away as fast as they could, pulling their
little toy dogs crates out of the way, and I was rolling on the floor
laughing as hard as I could...it was Rufus!  He saw me, pulled his lead
out of his owner's hand and came at me full tilt, flying through the air
and landing on my chest and knocking me and my chair to the
ground...slobbering me with his big fat kisses all the while!  It was
hysterically funny...people thought I was being attacked by a vicious
pit bull, and all the time it was my little buddy Rufus.
    Staffords are a wonderful breed...it's a GD CRIME that more people
don't adore them.  AmStaffs are fine...but there's nothing like a Stafford.
    I've judged the bull breeds all around the world and there is
nothing about them to be afraid of unless their owners are jackasses,
same as in any other breed.  If we don't wake up soon and do something
to stop ALL BSL, Shepherds will be included before we know it.
Peggy