[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: a very, very sad day in Ontario...

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:28:17 -0400

I have some friends in various breeds who don't want to hear any of it,
either.  One breeds Old English Sheepdogs and Norfolk Terriers...good
ones, too.  She has been involved in purebred dogs all her adult life,
as have many of us.  Dogs are her all- consuming passion.  She shuts off
any mention of BSL or PAWS immediately--doesn't want to hear it.  She is
typical of so many, and it breaks my heart.  I don't even let her come
to visit me anymore because she can't seem to leave her house without a
vanload of those big hairy beasts--and she thinks I should let them come
into my house!  Not that I keep a pristine house or anything but I have
my own animals..........she just thinks everyone must love her dogs,
too.  (I don't...she has absolutely TOP quality dogs, too, but the only
time I want to see them is when she shows them...and not to me,
either...I don't like my friends to show to me...haha).
    It took me a while to become such an advocate, too.  I knew all the
bad things that were going on, but I let everybody else carry the ball.
It is exhausting to keep beating at people with all the same stuff all
the time, especially when most of them ignore what is being said.
    By the time everybody else wakes up, it'll be too late.  I just
don't know what else to do about it.
Peggy