[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why should I?

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 05:17:47 GMT

I want to thank those who replied to my message, however, I wasn't questioning
the wisdom of voting for judges if a member doesn't know anything about
specific venues and the judges involved.
I was questioning a couple messages on the list recommending that the PC
somehow disenfranchise the ability of members to vote if they don't participate
in these venues.

I've copied the messages in question below:
xxxxxxxxxxx start first message in question xxxxxxxxxx
It seems very simple to implement, to me.
As part of the annual membership renewal, a poll is taken, a simple matrix
where each member is asked to indicate his/her primary area of interest --
listed in alphabetical order:
Agility
Conformation
Herding
Obedience
Rally
Working Dog
Then by each there are columns labeled "Primary" and "Secondary".  Members
are told that if they wish to vote in the future they must indicate, via a
check mark, which activity is their primary interest.
When it comes time for voting, members are sent specific ballots with only
their primary area of interest.
Yes,,, this will take a little effort on the part of the administrator but
the benefits would be tremendous.
xxxxxxxxxxx end of first message xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx start second message in question xxxxxxxxxx
I *COMPLETELY* disagree that Michel's proposal would be a good method. Some
of us truly do believe in the "total" dog and compete in multiple venues and
would like to have a vote in the venues in which we actively compete!!!! By
only allowing someone to vote in ONE venue, you would be dividing the
breed...hardly encouraging to the versatile dog!!

I have no idea on how to make the following suggestion practical, but if
people are concerned that there are people voting who are not active
participants, then perhaps we require that someone have shown (or even just
entered) the
national in the venue in which they are voting on within the previous 5
years to be allowed to vote. For example, in 2007, I entered dogs & competed in
conformation, herding, agility, obedience & rally. I would then be allowed
to vote on judges in those 5 venues until 2012. This way, if someone misses
one or two years, they are still able to have a 'voice'. If someone doesn't
compete for 5 years within that venue, then they don't need a voice.
xxxxxxxxxx end second message xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for any confusion.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uidB94023 - Link to The Hooligans
Albums

-- "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The resident pet owner here has a couple questions to those who wish to
disenfranchise my right, and the rights of other members, to vote for the
judges of any, or all, venues at the National.
First, what will stop you from going one step further some day and
disenfranchising our rights to vote for the President or members of the BOD
because you might decide we don't know enought about those running for election?

My second question - if you got your wish to disenfranchise our rights to vote
in part, or in total, why should we continue to be members of this Club, or any
club?  Why would anyone want to remain a voiceless member of such an exclusive
club or why would anyone want to join such a club as a new member?

Thanks!

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uidB94023 - Link to The Hooligans
Albums
Click here to find the satellite television package that meets your needs.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4tvKJfHxgKsEHbcZBA5hfMiOXMoxyImZvOQ9idWZlu8ORYke/?count34567890

is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Click here to find the right business program for you and take your career to
the next level.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2221/fc/Ioyw6i4s24ghFdj9rVkMIiMAgTzHF33PtAdAjInHn7t3gxnM8drJBU/?count34567890