[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Why newbies are quitting...or..WHY DID WE STAY

  • From: Cinosam GSD <cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Sharon Allbright <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 08:52:57 -0700 (PDT)

I have seen her and though I don't recall the bitch specifically, that class of
puppy bitches were fantastic.  The first place bitch both days was better than
fantastic (JMO and no, sadly I don't own her).  The only thing that's a little
confusing is the second place winner both days are not owned by newbies.
Perhaps she was sold in the interim.

  Cindy
<hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Apparently no one( including the breeder) has explained to the "newbie"
that perhaps if her dog is a "specialty" style animal it might not do as
well at an all-breed show. If that is the case, the person set themselves
up for failure. When you buy a puppy from a good breeder, part of what you
are supposed to be buying is guidence..ie, when to show, where to show,
etc. Sometimes even with good guidance, the newbie does what he wants to
and usually gets beat.However, all of us who have commented on this
situation haven't seen the animal in question. Could be that the second
place was generous! Even though I doubt it because I am inclined to believe
that the specialty judge knows the breed better, it is still possible that
this animal is not a star in either ring..I don't know until I have seen
it. Nonetheless, the newbie better toughen up. If she gets a truly great
one, she will still hear her share of unflattering, nasty remarks, maybe
not from the judge per se, but from the other so -called, ringside experts.
The best revenge is success! Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM