[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: : Why newbies are quitting...or..WHY DID WE STAY

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:36:44 -0700 (PDT)

Frankly I wonder why I came back.  But I just love shows and show dogs and show
people, whether or not they want to be nice.  I know I am not loved by every
single person who meets me, nor do I expect to be.  But I have to say that I
love being with people who don't like me, at shows, as much as people who do
like me.  It is just where my heart is.

  No show dogs, but I am still on this list and still thinking about shows.
Don't really expect to have any more show dogs, so I guess I will one day be
one of the elderly women who run shows and complain about everything that goes
wrong at every show.
  sheila
Sharon Allbright <sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Perhaps that would also be a good question. I certainly didn't stay all
these many years because someone was always telling me how great I was or
how great my dogs were. I well remember my very first "pure-bred" German
Shepherd Dog and I showed her at a local Sacramento show. Parker Smith, a
judge and member of our club told me I went 4th in a large class because I
handled my dog well. He said, "she is very well balanced. Nothing on
either end".
Sharon Allbright
#2 Try to educate this thoughtful owner of certain "personal preferances
like in anything else" that this questionable
judge may have ----- #3 Everything we've been chatting about for -- even
legislation, shelters, etc. etc. all seems
to go back to the one thing that is lacking in so many instances ---
"education of the human involved" Why would
the opinion of just 1 judge be so important --- also, an explanation for the
reason for - withholding a ribbon should
be the NORM!! Looks like this judge needs a second look for all and sundry.
JMHO Norma no L