[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why is the Board prohibiting the membership to vote?

  • From: "Melanie Fuellgraf" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "valleydogs2000@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 22:24:32 -0700

Theresa,

You are correct regarding the letter.
You are also correct that the Board in July 2011 voted to send the letter and
then subsequently held an emergency meeting to rescind the vote.
The petition submitted in 2010 contained signatures of more than 10% of GSDCA
members, the required amount for a membership vote, if the subject of the
petition was regarding a standard or bylaws change.   Because the subject of
the petition was not a standard or bylaws change, it was at the discretion of
the Board if they chose to entertain the petition or not.

Some may question the age of the petition and the relevance to today and if
another petition should be circulated among current GSDCA members.  Would that
not be an effort in futility because there is no provision for an item to be
brought before a membership vote if it is for anything other than a standard
revision or a bylaw change.  A new petition would still be subject to the
discretion of the board if it chooses to entertain the petition or not.

Again, I would appreciate an answer or some insight into why the Board will not
permit the membership to vote on this.
Melanie Fuellgraf
also a GSDCA Member
ps. maybe what we need is a Bylaws revision to allow an item, that is not a
standard or a Bylaws revision,  to be petitioned to be brought forth to the
membership for a vote

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:51:28 -0700
From: "Theresa-GSD
 Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender
"scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
Subject: Re: Why is the Board prohibiting the membership to vote?

Melanie,

I thought all that was needed to be done was for the GSDCA Board to send a
letter not
objecting to AKC  for the White Shepherd to be approved AKC FSS program as
a separate breed.

Was it not approved by the GSDCA Board to send the letter and then they
had a emergency meeting to rescind it so they did.  Is this correct?

If GSDCA members sent letters requesting a vote on this I too wonder why
this has not been done.

Theresa
GSDCA Member
scenecrest@xxxxxxxxx