[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Why is the Board prohibiting the membership to vote?

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 13:51:28 -0700

Melanie,

I thought all that was needed to be done was for the GSDCA Board to send a
letter not
objecting to AKC  for the White Shepherd to be approved AKC FSS program as
a separate breed.

Was it not approved by the GSDCA Board to send the letter and then they
had a emergency meeting to rescind it so they did.  Is this correct?

If GSDCA members sent letters requesting a vote on this I too wonder why
this has not been done.

Theresa
GSDCA Member
scenecrest@xxxxxxxxx

 Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Why is the Board prohibiting the membership to vote?
 To: "showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Thursday, July 31, 2014, 3:07 PM

 Does anyone know why the GSDCA Board
 has/is deliberately prohibiting the GSDCA membership from
 voting on the issue of "not objecting" to the white coated
 dogs to be established in the AKC FSS program as a
  separate breed?
 How can 19 people prevent thousands of GSDCA members from
 voicing their opinion on such an important matter?
 Why is this item not on the upcoming ballot?  I would
 really appreciate an answer from a board member.   The
 proposed standard change does not address this and this is
 an entirely separate issue.

 As of now the holdup to the white dogs entering into the
 FSS is a letter from the GSDCA to the AKC stating they do
 not object to establishing the White Shepherd as a new breed
 in the FSS.

 Did you know there are NO provisions in the by-laws
 to require the Board to send an item out to a membership
 vote unless it is an item dealing with the standard or the
 by-laws?    What happens to other very important items
 that do not fit within these two categories?

 What does it take to request an emergency Board meeting?
 Would it not be possible for the board to hold an emergency
 meeting to add this item to the ballot before they are
 mailed out in August?

 If the Board thinks we are intelligent  enough to vote on
 the proposed standard change what is preventing them from
 allowing us to vote on the other White issue?

 Thank you,
 Melanie Fuellgraf

http://showgsd.org/mail.html