[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Who's done a KINDNESS for you?

  • From: "Rockenstein, Zoa L. " <zlrockenstein@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Show List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:05:43 -0600

Thank you for this thread, Penny!  This is a lot more fun than reading
negativity.  In the interest of keeping this short, I won't name everyone who
would qualify as kind to me over the years.  The first people, in the 1970's,
were Jimmy Moses, Doug Crane, LaMar Kuhns, and Kim Knoblauch, who were generous
with handling tips when I was a newbie handler.  Jimmy even helped me in the
ring once, resulting in my bitch beating his for a five pt major in Atlanta!
That is an experience I will never forget!  When I came back into the breed,
after being gone for 15 years,  Joan Tauer and Lynn Klingle, dealt honestly and
compassionately with me when the pup I bought from them turned up dysplastic.
Paul Root invited me to his table at the first List dinner party when I looked
lost in the crowd.  I had a great visit with Cyndi Davis years ago and value
her friendship.  A phone call from Jack Kilgour got me through the death of a
puppy.  Darlene and Randy Cliff walked me through my first experiences with
breeding, AI, whelping, and puppy raising.  Numerous Listers helped as well,
with their advice on weaning and other topics.  Sandy Anderson and her handler
Fano helped me evaluate and photograph my new Bailey puppy at the National.
And, most recently, several Listers took time to view, and comment on, my
photoshow The Puppy Garden.  These, and others, are the people who keep me
going!

Dr. Zoa Rockenstein
RiverRock