[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD / WHY?

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, barbara17236@xxxxxxx, genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:36:04 -0800 (PST)

OK I agree with much of what you say. Keeping all that in mind then we should
all be breeding the type of dog that is shown in the illustrated standard. Why
have we spent the last 10 years or so trying to change it? Why have the dogs
changed so dramatically over the last 50 years??
Inquiring minds want to know.

Terry

________________________________
  From: barbara17236@xxxxxxx To: genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx ;
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 4:53 AM

  I understand wanting to follow the breed standard BUT how many breeders have
bred a GSD whose ears didn't come all the
  way up?  Isn't that a DQ?  What about that beautiful male whose one testicle
never appeared?  That's suppose to be a
  DQ but it is NOT listed on the AKC Official Breed Standard for the GSD.

  Each breeder has their own preferences, and believes, and I can respect their
decision not to breed to a white.

  Barb H