[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD / WHY?

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:45:41 GMT

The WGSD breeders and admirers were united up until the mid or late 90's.
After repeated rejection by the parent club about removing the conformation DQ,
members of the one national club - the WGSDCII split between those of us who
wished for our white dogs to remain as GSDs and those who wanted to have their
white GSDs acknowledged as a separate breed.  So putting up a united front
definitely didn't work and asking for a breed separation doesn't work either.
It's very frustrating.
I'm curious, what might the WGSD breeders do if the DQ in conformation were
removed that hasn't already been done with the DQ in place?  Removing the DQ
won't make those breeders who don't want white genes in their lines from adding
whites, and it won't stop the white breeders who want colored genes added to
their lines from adding them.  DQ or not, breeding would remain status quo and
the only visible difference you would see is that dogs with white coats would
be appearing in AKC conformation shows - that's the only difference!

No one is trying to pawn off a new color or a "rare" breed.  The color white is
an original color of the GSD and was accepted in the AKC GSD breed ring until
the late 60's when it was made a DQ.  The reason for the DQ has been changing
over the years, not quite sure what it is today except most people just say
it's againt the standard period, no other reason given.

I'm sure you'll find that the white colored GSDs are as versitile as their
colored relatives.

Thanks for listening!

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/arycrest - Link to The Hooligans Albums

From: gsdshowman@xxxxxxx To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Thursday, January
14, 2010 1:08 PM

Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: White GSD as a separate breed?

Well my thoughts are they should let the White GSD be in the breed classes at
least as breed variety.
The truth is a white could blend with the sheep.    A  black would blend with
the night. a black and tan could
blend with prairie  grass. Keep them as a breed variety it keeps our breed
numbers. But  lets them show.
I guess I am confused why anyone would care if a white is  shown in AKC.
With as hard as its getting for majors I would love to see them in  the ring
with me building some points
sure are not getting enough breeders of  black and tans building them in our
area.            Gerald

It' s a "herding" dog, a cattle dog  breeder said " my cows don't care what
color the dog is"

Yeah, but  it's tough when you can't tell the dog from the sheep <GRIN> or they
 get lost in the snowbanks
<another grin>.   Imagine how much  fun it could be playing hide and seek in
winter?  They'd always  win!!!
Mary-Anne

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 14:03:59 EST, vprezhmf@xxxxxxx wrote:

>We all know it is NOT a separate breed, It is simply a >disqualification for a
>GSD

is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Weight Loss Program
Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/c?cpÉtCWy2zGhw9B438Ypg1hAAAJ1GelRymJ9x4HjViBUg-o6cOAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEUgAAAAA=ÿÿ;