[ SHOWGSD-L ] Which is it?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 16:16:22 -0400 (EDT)

I can't agree. Harley finished in the Specialty ring, never to  return.
With a few exceptions, he has shown in all-breed shows  thereafter.  I may be
mistaken, but I think all if not most of all the 100  BOB are from all-breed
shows.  The judges who have seen him for the past  four years or so, are
the all-breed judges.

That is Paula's choice. He could and would win at many of the specialty
shows, but Paula made that choice.

To me, the difference between and all-breed and a specialty dog, is where
they are shown.  Many of the dogs being shown today can win in both. But,
the owners make a decision.  Most of us can't do everything.

Paula has done a lot, just look at the titles after his name.  But, we  all
have to choose where we will put our efforts and most of us pick one venue
or the other.  Doing it all can be daunting.

But I try.

Evan

In a message dated 4/5/12 5:27:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

And  therein is part of our problem (in our views of GSD showing), even
though it  may very well be semantics.  Harley is NOT "a specialty dog."  A
GOOD dog (as Harley IS) can do it in both rings.  I applaud Paula for not
limiting Harley to one type of  ring.