[ SHOWGSD-L ] What we are doing

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 11:05:38 EST

In a message dated 2/23/09 5:29:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, InquestGSD
writes:
So we  wait for everything to fall in place, so Nadine can tell us where we
are, and  what we can do. Responsibly.  When was the last time Ivy & Rhea ( I
think that's their name) sent us a report?

I have been in this club for a long time. Whenever Rhe and Ivy sent a  report
to us on the board, there was always more to do, and adjustments to make,  so
I never did get a final report. There is one each year, some I thought made
no sense.

I talked to Nadine, and as I understand it, we are in good shape, but being
overcharged for our accounting in the past. It will be changed. There are a
number of areas that need to be changed, and purchases where we spent too much
money. But, in any area where the money is spent for the good of the breed,
the  club or the members, I believe that is a valuable expenditure.

I don't begrudge the meeting costs. It may be more than would be prudent in
a regular company, but perhaps it is one of the issues that keeps our board
working for us, with no pay, no appreciation and little rewards. If it does
that, then I say, spend the money.

Showing dogs is for our enjoyment. We are not eliminating world hunger,
solving the problems of genocide, eliminating desease, or finding a cure for
cancer. We are showing dogs, getting points here and there, breeding to hide
the
genetic problems we want to eliminate, and exchanging ideas and theories on
how  to do that.

Evan  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/