[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TEMPERAMENT TEST?

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: sharlen@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2010 15:57:53 -0400

og reacts to you!  If you aren't the least bit concerned about this weird
erson neither will your dog be.

I agree with that.  However, in every competition, the owner/handler will be
nervous and wanting the best from their dog.  That also goes right down the
lead.  So, any dog being tested will be picking up on that.  A good dog will
then rely on instinct.  The owner will be sending signals to the dog to react
to the stranger, because they are nervous about the response.  If the dog
doesn't respond, then he/she is not in tune to the owner.  JMHO.

Laura