[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting this year

  • From: "Kathaleen Strong" <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 20:32:54 -0700

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Helen Franklin
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 3:02 PM
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Voting this year

I refuse to believe in any "conspiracy theory" no matter what side you hang
your hat on.  In an effort to be financially prudent, a different ballot was
used and mistakes were made.  As long as EVERY member has the opportunity to
vote, everything else can be delt with at another time.
I believe the Board will make sure that all members have had the ability to
vote and if nothing else, it has been another learning experience.
Helen Franklin

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

I for one applaud this Board for trying a new company, the material that
sent us was very professional and well done; however, there appears to have
been some loss of communication with the new vendor, as if they did not know
what to expect.  Whoever was responsible for being the primary contact
should have been a little more on the ball.  Not a severe criticism in light
of the foul ups witnessed in this year's election; and certainly something
that should be addressed with whomever will be responsible for directing the
balloting next year.

That being said, IMO, the Proper and Fair way to handle this would be to
extend the vote until after the National to insure that the Out of Country
members have their opportunity to RECEIVE and send in their ballot; at a
minimum, allow them the same time that the remainder of the membership had.

If that does not happen; IMO, it could very well fuel a very large
controversy, potential legal ramifications and something this club just does
not need in light of all the things that already need to be fixed.  I'm
fairly sure that the Executive Committee could make that action and have it
ratified in Concord at the Sunday Board meeting.

We're supposed to be adults - and as such, we should be able wait until the
entire membership has had their opportunity to cast their ballots.  The only
stipulation I would put on this extension would be that ALL Board members
are provided a copy of the election results (original copy from the vendor
with audit stamp by Rhea and Ivy).

Afterall, elections can be determined by 1 Vote, as evidenced last year.

Regards,

Kathaleen