[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Voting this year

  • From: "frank fasano" <f.fasano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <inflight2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>, <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:54:39 -0500

It has been frustrating for most of the Board .  The first notice we had of
any changes came after the ballots were sent out with several changes from
past practices,  resulting in the Corresponding Secretary receiving
undeliverable mail. Then the return ballot envelopes going to the company
that is now bidding on the audit contract instead of the Agent. Next there
was the mail issue to Canada. Now an audit is being done at the last minute
without full Board consideration of the costs.  Many of us on the Board are
as frustrated as the members. Hopefully the missing secret envelopes in
Canada  will be resolved today and that will be the end of this fiasco.
Thanks to the Executive Committee who have had countless special meetings on
the phone and to whom the issue of the audit cost will fall. By the way an
audit is required by our Bylaws. It just has not been done for many many
years. I just wish it had been addressed in a timely fashion and by the
whole Board. May the best Candidates win and may all members get to vote. No
matter the result of the election  the breed will continue to be the best
breed of dogs ever. Surely the next Board will clean up this process.  I am
looking forward to socializing with everyone at the Nationals. We leave
Saturday and get there Sunday in what has been called THE PARTY WAGON--Kris