[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Venture is debarked

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 08:04:13 EDT

In a message dated 9/5/2006 7:51:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Elsyd1@xxxxxxx writes:
This  entire area has been sold to developers,
and  I am surrounded by  homes, the newest ones currently being built around
10
feet  from my  kennel. (They will have a 10 ft back yard, like all the rest
on
my   street. Of course they made new streets for these homes). It is two
story,  (  they will be looking down on my dogs) and there will be 3 or four
more
lined up  next to it. This entire area was previously agricultural,  every
house
on  acreage. In 35 years of raising dogs here, there has  not been one
complaint.  Last month I got a notice from animal  control that there had
been a
barking  complaint, and they had sent  the complainer a petition to get
others to
sign.  They said if the  petition comes back to them, they will have to pay
me a
visit.  I  have been on these poor dogs day and night, and things are pretty
quiet,  but  not enough. We had to fold, ( me and the neighbor in back of me,
who
has three  horses, a goat, etc,) and sell to developers ourselves.

Oh yuck, that doesn't sound like a good situation!

I have a friend whose husband's dad died and left then a smallish  farm.
They sold all but 13 acres for houses and townhome development  (didn't want
to,
but had to sell to pay the taxes) but they were able  to include in the
agreement of sale a buffer zone so to speak.

10 feet is going to be a bear!  What happens when they put in a swing  set or
trampoline????

Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three  generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!

visit _Pine  Hill German Shepherd Dogs_