[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Toyota's

  • From: tsaligsds@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 21:28:58 +0000 (UTC)

I've been driving a Toyota pickup to dog shows for the past 22 PLUS years.  I
purchased the first one in January of 1987 and drove it for 11 years.  Bought
the next one in the Fall of 1998 and am still driving it.  In fact it made it
to Ohio just fine for the last National.  Never had a major problem with
either [until I traded vehicles with my brother for the day and came home to
a totalled truck].  The first had close to 200 thousand on it and the current
one has 169,000 now but would be higher if I'd been working the past three
years.   I owned a Celica hatchback sports car before the first truck.  I
can put THREE dog crates, table and all grooming equipment in my truck and
wouldn't hesitate to get in it today and head for California [If I wanted to go
there today].

My nephew bought the totalled one from me/State Farm and it is now a show
truck - a beautiful metalflake blue and champaigne color with hydrolics that
raises it up and down and makes it dance to music [which comes out of boom box
speakers imbedded somewhere in/under the frame?????  He has a wall full of
trophies from that old straight shift like I have from the dogs........  If a
GSD bites a kid we don't all run out and destroy all our dogs.  Problems with
one or many vehicles isn't reason enough to destroy a company who IS correcting
the problem.

Quality and dependability!!!  Thats what I look for in my vehicles and my
dogs!!  Guess what I'll buy when this one eventually wears out?!!  Oh, and
NOPE, my baby bro drives his own truck now!!! LOL

Suzanne