[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Toyota's

  • From: Royal T Shepherds <gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: grnram415@xxxxxxx, wynsum@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:06:40 -0800 (PST)

I firmly believe it is a computer issue.  I have a 1990 Suburban that had the
same exact issue.  Upon taking it to the dealer, I was told it was a cruise
control malfunction.  This particular vehicle, driving at 30mph, suddenly
started to accelerate on its own!!  I was scared to death!  The cruise control
was not even in use at the time.

Toyota (and I LOVE Toyotas, have owned one or two for years) dissapoints me
greatly with their initial diagnosis regarding the floor mats causing the
problem.  I didn't believe, for a second, that a floor mat was the problem.  I
don't believe they did either, personally.

Gina
ROYAL T SHEPHERDS
http://www.royaltshepherds.com
Home of: Ch Covy Tucker Hill v Royal T's Edsel,CD,NA,CGC,HIC,OFA h/e/t/c