[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thursday at Wheaton/Junior "Dress Code"?

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 11:05:37 EST

In a message dated 12/8/04 8:21:36 PM Pacific Standard Time,
WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx writes:
> So I'm conducting an unofficial poll.  Judges?  Handlers?  Vote early and
> vote often!  Privately is fine too.

I have never noticed shoes when judging. On the other hand, I am a man, and I
have never noticed shoes period. I did, however, notice the long toed things
worn by Kim and Christine at the national, but that was because I was afraid
either one or both of them was going to kick me.

When judging I never notice shoes, worn teeth, who is on the far end of the
lead, or what the crowd is doing. I do try to allow time for double handler to
get in position, but I have never considered what the handler might be
wearing.

I do remember at one national about 25 years ago, sitting in the corner or
the grooming area, with a blue magic marker, doing my tennis shoes to match my
jacket. But, that is just me.

Evan
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together